Substandard pay, but excellent benefits

Current Employee - Territory Manager Business Development
Current Employee - Territory Manager Business Development

I have been working at American Tower full-time

Pros

ATC is growing quickly and there is plenty of business opportunity. Great team-oriented environment, and Execs do listen, even if they don't make the changes you were hoping for. Excellent benefits, better than what I've had at much larger companies.

Cons

Pay is sub-standard, in my book, for sales people. It seems most of the sales people at ATC are previous Project Managers, and most are content with lower pay. The better sales people hit a cap on commissions that is way too low.

Other Reviews for American Tower

Excellent entry level hiring company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at American Tower full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great entry level company, but not the ideal company for anyone interested in longevity with a organization. If you want to bulid your wireless acumen, it is am excellent company to work for to help you launch to other companies within the wireless industry.

Cons

There are very few opportunities for advancement once you hit middle management. Merit increases are inadequate and upper management opportunities along with any type of career development either does not exist or is always a "work in progress".

The worst company I have ever worked for

I have been working at American Tower full-time

Pros

very good benefits including payments for wellness, 401k match. The base pay is low, but the equity/stock is great, and can keep people there for many years. The company is very successful. Access to good training opportunities.

Cons

This is the most oppressive company I have ever worked. Nobody has autonomy and any decision needs to go through many many layers of approval - the company operates like they have 50,000 employees, while they only less than 3,000 employees. It's not uncommon to find bosses yelling at the employees. Anyone seriously looking to work at American Tower should be very careful to ask the right questions through the interview process. ATC is truly a "big brother" type of company. Hopefully ATC is making changes to address the massive turnover and issues they see.

actually listen to your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for American Tower.

Worked for American Tower? Contribute to the Community!