Overall a good place

Former Employee - Intern
Former Employee - Intern

I worked at American Transmission

Pros

I only worked here for three months as a summer intern, but overall it was a favorable experience. The people here are friendly, professional, hard working, and helpful. The office atmosphere is very comfortable and nobody watches over shoulder. They put a lot of faith in their employees and I for the most part, the employees delivered.

Cons

I was surprised I wasn't offered a job after I graduated, but its a tough economy with hundreds of qualified candidates. Although it isn't difficult to get to know the people you work with everyday, a lot of people seem to busy to get to know coworkers unless they work with them. Overall though, I enjoyed working here and would recommend it to anyone who is hardworking and independent, but also wants a good work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what youre doing...

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Benefits

I worked at American Transmission full-time

Pros

401(k) and pension; tuition assistance; short-term incentive program; competitive salaries; paid time off; flexible work scheduling; work-life balance; health savings account (HSA)

Cons

Occasional lack of collaboration among work groups; very top-heavy with lots of managers and higher; corporate culture can be fun but also rigid at times, taking a lot of effort to push things through

Advice to Management

Scale back the degree to which managers delineate themselves from their staffs; for example, executives are rarely seen fraternizing with individual contributors

2. Great Place to Work

I have been working at American Transmission full-time

Pros

This year, ATC was named one of the best medium-sized companies in the U.S and they truly are that. ATC is a very inclusive, collaborative environment. They promote a work-life balance and the pay is competitive. The HR department is very supportive and is there to help employees succeed.

Cons

Career opportunities are limited but as ATC continues growing there will be more opportunities.