American Type Culture Collection
www.atcc.org Manassas, VA 150 to 499 Employees

ATCC Let go of the BEST and holds onto the most TOXIC. Rewards bad behaviour.

I have been working at American Type Culture Collection full-time

ProsSome of the nicest and smartest people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Yes, that's about it.

ConsHORRIBLE CEO (Dr C) rules by fear - he knows it and doesn't care what anyone thinks. Folks AGAIN now walk on eggshells in fear of garnering his attention. Facilities are sub-par. Scientists/biologists are paid far below industry standards. HR group is a JOKE with leaks in every corner. DO NOT tell them a secret unless you wish it to be known. Some groups rule with iron fists, others are allowed carte blanche. NO consistency. Bad behaviour is rewarded. Finance is cooking the books and don't seem to care who knows. TOXIC ENVIRONMENT. You will learn nothing here and do not get attached to your friends/colleagues/supervisors. Here today, gone tomorrow.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a box nearby. You too could be "stepping down" any day now. Write nice letters of recommendation to your sharpest folks. They will need them.

ATCC a forward thinking company.

Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at American Type Culture Collection

Pros: ATCC is a solid company that has been around for over 75 years. The organizational culture is fair and ethical. Employees are treated… Cons: The company is nonprofit so the salary is lower than most other biotech companies. The company has grown very quickly the past… Advice to Senior Management: Overall company-wide communication could be improved if information was shared… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

don't work here

I have been working at American Type Culture Collection

Pros: good benefits, nothing else I can think of. Cons: management stupidity, disrespect of employees Advice to Senior Management: try some respect for employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on American Type Culture Collection.

Worked for American Type Culture Collection? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Type Culture Collection reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Type Culture Collection CEO Raymond H Cypess. All reviews posted anonymously by American Type Culture Collection employees.