American University
www.american.edu Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Caring about both staff and students

Washington, DC

ProsAU has great benefits, including tuition remission and a 2-for-1 match on up to a 5% donation to your 403 (b) retirement account. All the staff whom I work with truly value and care about the students.

ConsThere is, of course, internal politics, and the management skill can very from department to department. At its worst, upper level academicians may make decisions without collaborating/ seeking consensus with offices that may be impacted by those decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about how your decision impacts relevant offices on campus.

Disappointing

Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at American University full-time for more than a year

Pros: Location, location, location! Many talented and renowned faculty in their… Cons: There is a lack of support for staff - little opportunity for promotion or growth, small… Advice to Senior Management: Really evaluate who runs Student Life, based on employees. I think… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Best job ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at American University full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Employees who strive for excellence but don't take themselves to… Cons: Somewhat limited opportunities for advancement Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American University.

Worked for American University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American University CEO Neil Kerwin. All reviews posted anonymously by American University employees.