American Water

www.amwater.com

Nice co-workers but horrible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe building was nice and so were the co-workers. There was ample, free parking available to employees. They ensured access to decent beverages. There was also a very nice healthy solutions program.

ConsEverything else was horrid: Old, outdated computers. Poor employee communication. The benefits were very expensive and not very good. The work hours were long (8-5). Management was very condescending and secretive. Policies were not implemented uniformly to all employees across the board. In general, not a very good place to grow one's career.

Advice to Senior ManagementTransparency in communications would be highly recommended. There are managers who clearly have had zero management training and should not supervise others until training has been completed. Implement more opportunities for work-life balance.

Great people, slow pace.

Senior Java Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at American Water

Pros: Great People, Great Benefits. The 401k is to die… Cons: Nothing moves fast. The change management is way over… Advice to Senior Management: Streamline change management. You are wasting money. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

American Water is innovative in obtaining government contracts with military facilities

Financial Analyst (Consulting) (Current Employee)

I have been working at American Water

Pros: Excellent across the board communication as to where the company is headed. Great moral within… Cons: Most employees are contract. Never know when a contract will be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American Water.

Worked for American Water? Contribute to the Community!