American Water

www.amwater.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for American Water

Over all a great place to work

Current Employee - Project Manager
Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at American Water

Pros

- Overall management and employee attitude that we are "professionals" and the best at what we do;
- National company provides growth opportunity for those willing to relocate;
- Good internal relations at operating centers;

Cons

- HR tends to be too autonomous and distanced from the employees, (one sometimes wonders what they're doing with their 8-hours)
- Benefits have been reduced (I guess I didn't think it would happen at American)

All-in-all American Water's Management is doing fine. We are moving forward as a well-run company, making significant improvements in communication and enterprise infrastructure.
American is still "the best"

96 Other Employee Reviews for American Water (View Most Recent)

Great for a student interested in water conservation and water-related interests

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at American Water

Pros

Great, laidback work. Excellent position for growth for later career related to environment

Cons

Lack of feedback from management

Great stepping stone but lacks managment who care about how a utitlity company should run.

I have been working at American Water

Pros

Good place to work. Love the employees, well lets just say I stay away from 1/3 of them. Benifits could be better but atleast I got them. Good stepping stone place to work to move on to better jobs at other companies. Employee recognition is good if a customer recognizes your work. Overtime is good also.

Cons

Management has an open mouth closed ears policy towards employees. Management as well as in office employees are very secretive and dont communicate to the in the field employees. Your not supplied with the neccessary tools for the job. Management is ran on favoritism. Management has no respect for their customers when it comes to notifying them about rate increases or new policies. Their notified after it's already in place.

Step it up, open your ears and do something. Come to work to better your system, employee moral and not just come for the pay check. Start communicating to your employees as well as your customers before something is implemented. You owe it to them.

There are newer employer reviews for American Water