American Water
www.amwater.com Voorhees, NJ 5000+ Employees

Great stepping stone but lacks managment who care about how a utitlity company should run.

(Current Employee)

ProsGood place to work. Love the employees, well lets just say I stay away from 1/3 of them. Benifits could be better but atleast I got them. Good stepping stone place to work to move on to better jobs at other companies. Employee recognition is good if a customer recognizes your work. Overtime is good also.

ConsManagement has an open mouth closed ears policy towards employees. Management as well as in office employees are very secretive and dont communicate to the in the field employees. Your not supplied with the neccessary tools for the job. Management is ran on favoritism. Management has no respect for their customers when it comes to notifying them about rate increases or new policies. Their notified after it's already in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep it up, open your ears and do something. Come to work to better your system, employee moral and not just come for the pay check. Start communicating to your employees as well as your customers before something is implemented. You owe it to them.

Great for a student interested in water conservation and water-related interests

Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at American Water

Pros: Great, laidback work. Excellent position for growth for later career… Cons: Lack of feedback from management More

Nice co-workers but horrible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at American Water

Pros: The building was nice and so were the co-workers. There was ample, free parking available to… Cons: Everything else was horrid: Old, outdated computers. Poor employee communication. The benefits were very expensive and not very good. The work… Advice to Senior Management: Transparency in communications would be highly recommended. There are managers who clearly have had zero management training… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American Water.

Worked for American Water? Contribute to the Community!

American Water – Why Work for Us?

About Us In a world where everything we touch frequently changes, water is our constant. We’ve never stopped needing it to drink, to cook, to clean, to live. We’ll always need it for sanitation, for fire protection, for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Water reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Water CEO Susan Story. All reviews posted anonymously by American Water employees.