American Water
www.amwater.com Voorhees, NJ 5000+ Employees

Don't Plan on Having a Life if you want to work here

Customer Service (Current Employee)

ProsPay is allright, customers aren't too exhausting. Excellent break area with all the amenities. Decent stepping stone. You can also bring a book and just be yourself between calls.

ConsTraining is so boring you find yourself counting the hours, supervisors love to micromanage and nitpick over how many times you run to the bathroom or your choice of words on a call. Supervisors are also unsupportive, customers who ask for them have to be told they will be called back later, but you can't say it that way. Also no visible advanceable future there unless you've always dreamed of being a call center supervisor.

Also, if you're new, no matter what you have going on in your life, be it a wedding you're in, or a death in the family, they make you cancel it lest they just fire you and dust off their hands. They will monopolize your life with mandatory overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up more opportunities in the Pensacola branch and make supervisors have to back up call handlers on demand. Also, don't monopolize people's lives!

Chaotic collection of operations. Undergoing organizational change unleashing wave after wave of disruption.

I have been working at American Water

Pros: Big company recognized as a leader in the utility vertical. National… Cons: Highly dysfunctional organization with a toxic culture. Currently focusing on implementing a business transformation program without… Advice to Senior Management: Take a step back and seriously review the current course of the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Customer Service

Customer Service (Former Employee)
    Alton, IL

I worked at American Water full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Coworkers are very nice and friendly. Cons: Terrible management and micro managers. Advice to Senior Management: Hire better managers, quit micro managing. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American Water.

Worked for American Water? Contribute to the Community!

American Water – Why Work for Us?

About Us In a world where everything we touch frequently changes, water is our constant. We’ve never stopped needing it to drink, to cook, to clean, to live. We’ll always need it for sanitation, for fire protection, for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Water reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Water CEO Susan Story. All reviews posted anonymously by American Water employees.