AmericanTours

www.americantours.com
  www.americantours.com
There are newer employer reviews for AmericanTours

Good job to once have had.

I have been working at AmericanTours

Pros

The employees are generally upbeat, helpful and friendly. Fun-oriented team building activities occur regularly. If you want to learn the travel industry, or computer technology, or are a workaholic, you will get ample opportunity for fulfillment here. There are also some travel industry related benefits.

Cons

Performance reviews and professional development take a back seat to output. There is a stated shared-cost supervisor approved education reimbursement program, but your boss may balk at even reimbursing for needed books . The workload is also distinctly seasonal, so you will be much more comfortable if your personal schedule can be adapted to that. Employees come and go much more frequently than anywhere I have worked before.

You need to expand beyond your knowledge of the travel industry and employ modern organizational management to create career opportunities and a more committed team.

14 Other Employee Reviews for AmericanTours (View Most Recent)

ATI Is The Most Inspiring Company

Current Employee - Sales/Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AmericanTours full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Having worked for all sectors in the travel industry including airlines, hotels, government tourism entities and other tour operators I can attest "ATI is the most inspiring company." The ATI culture is very service-oriented and illustrates it truly cares about clients and employees. The values communicated daily by ATI which include positive Attitude, Teamwork and Initiative makes for a happy and friendly work environment.

The founders communicate a clear vision and are very engaged in guiding and mentoring the ATI team. By their example of hard work they inspire desire for growth with the company. The professional career development opportunities at ATI are really good. From mentoring to training internally and externally, offering the ability to travel to build relationships worldwide on behalf of ATI promoting America as "goodwill ambassadors." The global leadership experience is a great way to grow personally I have found. Am happy that ATI believes in giving back and supports team members charities like runs for breast cancer research and helping homeless people with shelter, clothing and jobs. Appreciate that ATI promotes first from within recognizing hard work and dedication as well as caring about our families for good work-home balance.

Cons

The only con can think of has been taken into consideration by the management with the newly remodeled ATI offices we now again have expanded and have a new lunch room and beautiful work stations. Thank you.

Continue ensuring that ATI is the most inspirational company. Only hire people who appreciate the opportunities afforded them, who love the ATI "service with a smile" and teamwork philosophy.

Love My Job At ATI!

Current Employee - Sales/Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AmericanTours full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Love to travel, love to meet people from all over the world, love to be part of a company that is growing and helps others grow and is making a difference for a better world-ATI is the best place to be!

Cons

Sometimes other team members do not appreciate the hard work and dedication of those who built the company or have been here a long time-disappointing. the good news is the whiners are few and far between and eventually move on. We have low turnover and high growth potential-a big pro!

Keep the course, the core values you impart everyday are right on! We love opening new markets, always being the first. Thanks for the great opportunities afforded us all! Love my job at ATI!

There are newer employer reviews for AmericanTours