There are newer employer reviews for Amerigroup

It is an every man for himself atmosphere.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Pros

Some of the people are very fun to work with. A job in healthcare is practically recession proof. The pay is pretty decent.

Cons

The management often tries to put everyone against each other. Very big on finger pointing and always having someone else take the blame. There is not any camaraderie. Everyone is like an island to themselves.

Other Employee Reviews for Amerigroup

you are on your own

Current Employee - Inspector in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Inspector in Orlando, FL

Pros

flexible hours and days to complete assignments

Cons

no support or feedback as to work quality

Advice to Management

communicate and provide support

Get promoted...for doing nothing

Current Employee - Project Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

Pros

Great benefits, hires from within, Pay is ok (every april a 2% raise is almost guaranteed)

Cons

Might just work you to death, I know some people that have worked 90% of every weekend in the last year. No internal, common understanding of how Amerigroup processes work/look. I've tried to have someone explain to me how things work, and nobody has a common understanding. When asked for Visio's of a flow, its either too high level or people have their own understanding. my Manager actually suggested that I keep digging and to create my own visio!!!! Onboarding is very cumbersome; HR does great to get you to understand the company and corporate culture, but once in your department, you're practically on your own. I was very exciting and relieved to get a job here after searching for nearly 6 months...I was very wrong and don't really want to be here anymore....searching...again. As a side note, I don't believe its necessarily executive management...they don't know whats going on, its more or less middle management that sux.

Advice to Management

Create a strategy for new employees to familiarize themselves with how Amerigroup processes work...