Amerigroup
www.amerigroupcorp.com Virginia Beach, VA 5000+ Employees

Fast-paced company with strong mission

Manager (Current Employee)
Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Amerigroup full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAmerigroup is centered around its core mission to deliver better health care to financially vulnerable Americans through managing publicly funded programs.

ConsAmerigroup has grown and continues to grow so quickly that the environment can be extremely fast-paced and at times lose the human element. Experience ranges with the type of manager. Recent acquisition by Wellpoint introduces uncertainty about how this culture will change following the acquisition.

No opportunity for promotion or growth unless management "likes" you

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Amerigroup full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good benefits, Good work life balance Cons: Lower management distorts view of employees to upper management, bad… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good Company to work for with variety of opportunities available

Provider Relations Representative II (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amerigroup full-time for more than a year

Pros: self - discipline environment, challenging work environment, rewards for hard… Cons: need more open communication, can be stressful at times, Advice to Senior Management: Never doubt your staff - Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Amerigroup.

Worked for Amerigroup? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amerigroup reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amerigroup CEO Jim Carlson. All reviews posted anonymously by Amerigroup employees.