There are newer employer reviews for Amerigroup

Amerigroup is an amazing company that really lives their mission and vision

Current Employee - Nurse Case Manager in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Nurse Case Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Amerigroup full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company feels like a huge family.
Employees are listened to when change is needed and are included in the change process.
Leadership is involved on all levels, has open door policies, and it's not uncommon to see the CEO walking around and stopping by your desk during the day to see how you are doing.
A good work ethic is rewarded with awards, acknowledgements, surprise parties and monetary bonuses.
I can't say enough about this MCO because they truly have a heart and want to ensure that their members get the care that they need. Plan on retiring here as long as they will keep me. :)

Cons

Some departments could really use additional staff and as the company continues to grow I'm sure this will happen.

Continue doing what you are doing. Continue making employees at all levels a part of the decision making and letting them (us) know that we are appreciated. Definitely never change your Vision and Mission.

125 Other Employee Reviews for Amerigroup (View Most Recent)

Provider Service Unit Interview

Current Employee - Customer Service in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amerigroup full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good opportunities to advance. Promoted after five months at a new Center. Very encouraging work environment and upper management.

Cons

You will be dealing with medicaid recipients and Providers with claim in this position. Meaning you will encounter your share of

stay positive to associates and encourage them about growth within the company.

No growth Opportunities, they control when u want to transfer, management in GA is very "clicklish" and bad attitudes

Current Employee - A Human Being in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - A Human Being in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amerigroup full-time

Pros

Telecommuting for some non-management associates
    Work M-F, no weekends or holidays, but management works continuously
    Bonuses are not calculated correctly, they give you what they want so they can pocket the rest.
    Having a job, until you find another

Cons

Exempt employees are overworked with no compensation
    Short-staffed, managers work just as hard as the associates
    Workflow processes are outdated and plenty of work-arounds and manuel work, UM system is a off the shelf product
    No work-life balance

Listen to your associates and ask them what they want to do and what their future goals are.
    Switch positions for a week.
    Listen.
    Jump in and get your hands dirty.
    Listen and appreciate what you have, because once it is gone, you will miss it.
    Stop being so "clickish" and talking about people, especially the Corporate team. This is one band, one sound--"AMERIGROUP"
    Listen