Amerigroup
www.amerigroupcorp.com Virginia Beach, VA 5000+ Employees

Amerigroup is an amazing company that really lives their mission and vision

Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee)
Nashville, TN

ProsThis company feels like a huge family.
Employees are listened to when change is needed and are included in the change process.
Leadership is involved on all levels, has open door policies, and it's not uncommon to see the CEO walking around and stopping by your desk during the day to see how you are doing.
A good work ethic is rewarded with awards, acknowledgements, surprise parties and monetary bonuses.
I can't say enough about this MCO because they truly have a heart and want to ensure that their members get the care that they need. Plan on retiring here as long as they will keep me. :)

ConsSome departments could really use additional staff and as the company continues to grow I'm sure this will happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what you are doing. Continue making employees at all levels a part of the decision making and letting them (us) know that we are appreciated. Definitely never change your Vision and Mission.

No growth Opportunities, they control when u want to transfer, management in GA is very "clicklish" and bad attitudes

A Human Being (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amerigroup full-time

Pros: Telecommuting for some non-management associates Work M-F, no weekends or holidays, but management works continuously Bonuses are not calculated correctly,… Cons: Exempt employees are overworked with no compensation Short-staffed, managers work just as hard as the associates Workflow processes are… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your associates and ask them what they want to do and what their future goals are. Switch positions for a week. Listen. Jump in and get… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Provider Service Unit Interview

Customer Service (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at Amerigroup full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good opportunities to advance. Promoted after five months at a… Cons: You will be dealing with medicaid recipients and Providers with… Advice to Senior Management: stay positive to associates and encourage them about growth within… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Amerigroup.

Worked for Amerigroup? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amerigroup reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amerigroup CEO Jim Carlson. All reviews posted anonymously by Amerigroup employees.