There are newer employer reviews for Amerigroup

Couldn't ask for a better place to work!

I have been working at Amerigroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work at one of the Amerigroup Texas plans, and thus far, at our plan, we are very supportive of each other. The overall morale in our plan is positive, we feel good knowing that we make a difference in our member's lives. The majority of us value our positions with Amerigroup, and know that we are fortunate to be in our current roles. I've had jobs that I truly dreaded reporting to work to each day, however, the atmosphere is positive, very family oriented. For the most part, we are allowed flexibility in our work schedule, with many of our associates working from home as teleworkers, and others working from home one day a week.

Cons

If I had to list a 'con', perhaps that we need more office space.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your associates and listen to their suggestions or concerns, as they are the ones who make you shine in your position!

reviews filtered by

Ever Been Bullied? If you work for the GA Health Plan there is no way out!!!....

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amerigroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A desk behind the glass door if you're willing to participate in bullying and micromanaging the staff.
    Occasional working from home as a manager.
    A chance to get some relief from the hostile work environment by participating in community outreach events in which the plan members are greatly appreciative.
    Extra bonus $$$ if you're in the "clique"

Cons

Work at home employees and first line managers you are being watched closely by big brother/big sister. Their paying your cellphone bill for a reason.
    Senior leadership has historically prevented employees from transferring to other departments in addition to outside organizations. It's called blacklisting.
    Do not take any extended time off, even if you're pregnant

Advice to Management

Stop spending time and resources on stalking employees. Instead help them to become more effective by providing the necessary resources so that they contribute to the success of the organization.

Avoid Nashville At All Costs

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Amerigroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mission to help Medicaid patients; dedicated, committed hard working co-workers

Cons

Unbelievably bad upper leadership - Provider Relations, Operations, Quality, COO . I'm amazed that the TN health plan manages to make a profit. The provider community detests this company, the customer service is horrible, there is no accountability and staff are looking for jobs to get out of this hostile work environment created by several overpaid, usually absent vice presidents. It isn't how much you know, how hard you work; it is how good you are at playing the game and tattling. Worst company I've worked for in regard to HR won't do anything about the continuing hostile work environment. Several VPs manage by intimidation. It could be a great company but unless Wellpoint takes a hard look and cleans house, it will continue to decline.

Advice to Management

Get a COO who actually understands business principles instead of an affirmative action LPN who is cronies with TennCare employees. Hold your double standard, back stabbing VPs accountable for the bottom line and stop allowing them to blame the good managers they drive out for all the mistakes and messes that continue. Recognize the hard work your worker bees do and stop listening the bitchy little mean girls you call your Vice Presidents because they are all out of touch and too busy creating silos with their infighting.