Amerigroup

www.amerigroupcorp.com

Couldn't ask for a better place to work!

Pros

I work at one of the Amerigroup Texas plans, and thus far, at our plan, we are very supportive of each other. The overall morale in our plan is positive, we feel good knowing that we make a difference in our member's lives. The majority of us value our positions with Amerigroup, and know that we are fortunate to be in our current roles. I've had jobs that I truly dreaded reporting to work to each day, however, the atmosphere is positive, very family oriented. For the most part, we are allowed flexibility in our work schedule, with many of our associates working from home as teleworkers, and others working from home one day a week.

Cons

If I had to list a 'con', perhaps that we need more office space.

Continue to support your associates and listen to their suggestions or concerns, as they are the ones who make you shine in your position!

Other reviews for Amerigroup

A Turn for the Worst

Current Employee - Senior Claims Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Claims Analyst in Houston, TX

Pros

New Building, New positions, New equipment

Cons

New leaders who wanted to do become innovative but somehow missed the mark.

Do not sale the dreams create them

Ever Been Bullied? If you work for the GA Health Plan there is no way out!!!....

Current Employee - Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

A desk behind the glass door if you're willing to participate in bullying and micromanaging the staff.
    Occasional working from home as a manager.
    A chance to get some relief from the hostile work environment by participating in community outreach events in which the plan members are greatly appreciative.
    Extra bonus $$$ if you're in the "clique"

Cons

Work at home employees and first line managers you are being watched closely by big brother/big sister. Their paying your cellphone bill for a reason.
    Senior leadership has historically prevented employees from transferring to other departments in addition to outside organizations. It's called blacklisting.
    Do not take any extended time off, even if you're pregnant

Stop spending time and resources on stalking employees. Instead help them to become more effective by providing the necessary resources so that they contribute to the success of the organization.

There are newer employer reviews for Amerigroup.

Worked for Amerigroup? Contribute to the Community!