Amerigroup

www.amerigroupcorp.com

Ever Been Bullied? If you work for the GA Health Plan there is no way out!!!....

Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsA desk behind the glass door if you're willing to participate in bullying and micromanaging the staff.
Occasional working from home as a manager.
A chance to get some relief from the hostile work environment by participating in community outreach events in which the plan members are greatly appreciative.
Extra bonus $$$ if you're in the "clique"

ConsWork at home employees and first line managers you are being watched closely by big brother/big sister. Their paying your cellphone bill for a reason.
Senior leadership has historically prevented employees from transferring to other departments in addition to outside organizations. It's called blacklisting.
Do not take any extended time off, even if you're pregnant

Advice to Senior ManagementStop spending time and resources on stalking employees. Instead help them to become more effective by providing the necessary resources so that they contribute to the success of the organization.

Avoid Nashville At All Costs

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

I have been working at Amerigroup full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Mission to help Medicaid patients; dedicated, committed hard working co-workers Cons: Unbelievably bad upper leadership - Provider Relations, Operations, Quality, COO . I'm amazed that the TN health plan manages to make a profit. … Advice to Senior Management: Get a COO who actually understands business principles instead of an affirmative action LPN who is cronies with TennCare employees. Hold your double standard,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Too blessed to be stressed with Amerigroup's foolishness.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Amerigroup as a contractor

Pros: Hired contract nurses with common sense. Cons: Extremely unorganized and very stressful. Managers micro-manage and are very… Advice to Senior Management: Discontinue micro-managing employees. Brush up on your leadership and management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Amerigroup.

Worked for Amerigroup? Contribute to the Community!