There are newer employer reviews for Ameriprise

Not the best place to start

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Annapolis, MD
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Ameriprise

Pros

Technology is great. Some of the best systems available.

Cons

The offices are disappearing. They used to hire almost anyone and then see who shakes out. No real advice or support from management. Managers are inexperienced as well.

Need to handle turnover problems

575 Other Employee Reviews for Ameriprise (View Most Recent)

Intense, cutt-throat.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Portland, OR

I have been working at Ameriprise

Pros

No ceiling on your income. If you're motivated and you can handle the heat, plenty of opportunity to make a very good living.

Cons

What have you done for me lately, mentality. You can knock it out of the ball park for three straight quarters, have one bad quarter and you're constantly reminded of how you're not achieving.

Hire less but more proven people. They tend to hire as many people as they can and just wait to see which ones stick. Not uncommon to go from 60 people in the office to 30 in a matter of days. Only to ratchet back up to 60 in a few months.

Generally a good company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Securities Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Securities Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ameriprise

Pros

My work is challenging and I enjoy how much self-direction I have. The compensation is fair though employee satisfaction has declined b/c the company continues to ramp down benefits and has started charging employees for certain things that used to be free.

Cons

Company is generally not supportive of work-life balance. There are really no opportunities for alternate work arrangements in my area, resulting in employee burn-out and reduced loyalty.

The company has been nickel and diming the employee base but compensation and perks for upper management are egregiously high.

There are newer employer reviews for Ameriprise