There are newer employer reviews for Ameriprise

A great way to learn about the responsibilities of a financial advisor

Former Employee - Intern
Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Ameriprise

Pros

It was a great work atmosphere with a focus on serving clients and managing relationships to yield positive results for the practice

Cons

Disorganized office environment did not mesh well with the stringent compliance requirements sent down from the home office.

Advice to Management

Develop a more structured internship program and college recruitment track for undergraduates. Many other firms have done this and will reap the benefits going forward.

reviews filtered by

At first it was good then went down hill after outsourcing and management changes.

I have been working at Ameriprise

Pros

I got a paycheck and made some good life long friends.

Cons

Good ole boy company. Bad management protected by human resources. Technology is archaic. People are rewarded by how much the leader likes you. Outsourcing was a really bad idea. They eliminate positions once you've been there 10+ years and hire someone younger and cheaper.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees how you would like to be treated by your leader. Don't forget work life balance.

2. I'm disappointed in my experience but it will depend on the firm you work for.

I have been working at Ameriprise

Pros

If you can build a client base, the income potential is very high. The corporate office is generally resourceful and willing to help you solve problems.

Cons

Small and family firms can be very difficult to adjust to if you're an outsider; however, it will depend on the firm.

Advice to Management

Be more responsible and trustworthy and employees and clients will respect you more.