Ameriprise
www.ameriprise.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

An assistant position at an Ameriprise franchise is a good way to get your foot in the door of financial services.

Financial Advising Assistant (Former Employee)
Fairfax, VA

I worked at Ameriprise part-time for less than a year

ProsEmployees and advisers are friendly, honest, productive, helpful. The adviser gives you a good sense of what being an adviser is actually all about. Once the adviser has confidence in your ability, he or she will generally allow you to take on all of the responsibilities of an adviser, aside from the ones precluded to you by law. The adviser helps you understand sales in a way that simultaneously retains clients as genuine friends.

ConsThere were not many cons. Depending on the number of accounts your adviser handles and client needs, you may need to stay past the usual eight hours, but this is rare. Currently, it is difficult if not impossible to be hired as an adviser with Ameriprise.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only dissonance between my instincts and the adviser's routine was probably just a generational difference. Any younger employee may naturally feel that an older adviser is focused to an extreme on traditional social convention as opposed to online marketing.

Project Coordinator

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ameriprise full-time for less than a year

Pros: A few people have turned out to be solid good people, unfortunately because the culture is so bad, these positive… Cons: Horrible culture; shame and blame game context, majority of management does not know how to hold people accountable, excuses and hiding issues are rewarded. … Advice to Senior Management: Let go of management who are there because they have put in the time; worked there since IDS days. Hire management who… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company!

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Ameriprise full-time for less than a year

Pros: Nice management. No micro-managing. Great PTO and Holiday! Cons: Old computers. Slow system. Need dual screens. Chairs are uncomfortable. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ameriprise.

Worked for Ameriprise? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ameriprise reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ameriprise CEO Jim Cracchiolo. All reviews posted anonymously by Ameriprise employees.