Ameriprise
www.ameriprise.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Good things and bad things about working for Ameriprise

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

ProsCulture, diversity, opportunities, benefits, salaries

ConsLeaders promoted unfairly with severely poor discipline practices for leaders who are proven to violate the code of ethics and/or company policy. Many leaders betray trust and confidence and continue to do so with little to no consequences for their behavior. Also, because this company is in the financial services industry, they are eliminating jobs rather than looking at other options such as reducing or eliminating bonuses and/or reducing the 401K match. Positions are being eliminated without any regard for seniority or tenure with the company. There were additional positions just eliminated in April that no one seems to be aware of. Somehow the company has managed to keep this from the public. Here's the irony - my position was eliminated yet I still received the annual bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementI truly believe that Senior Management is completely unaware of the practices going on by the leaders under them. I have had two leaders at Ameriprise proven to do despicable acts to me. I reported the incidents, sufficiently proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the acts occured, yet these leaders continued in their roles as leaders in the company with what seemed like little more than a slap on the hand. In addition, there is a woman in a senior leadership role in Investments who has very poor leadership skills. It's blatently obvious that her leadership decisions are biased, she sorely lacks fairness and objectivity, and cares little for the unusual life events that can occur in a person's life.

An Excellent Place to Learn the Industry

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ameriprise

Pros: It is a very good place to get started in the industry. You learn a lot including how to write financial plans, how to… Cons: There have been many changes recently at Ameriprise, that, while good for the company, have made it more difficult for novice advisors to generate business.… Advice to Senior Management: Senior management could always stand to be more accessible and proactive about offering assistance. There… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company, bad experiance

Associate Financial Advisor (Former Employee)
    Hampton, VA

I worked at Ameriprise

Pros: The company is good, but be wear of the franchise… Cons: You do not work for Ameriprise, you work for a… Advice to Senior Management: Investigate your franchise owners, because some of them are doing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Ameriprise.

Worked for Ameriprise? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ameriprise reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ameriprise CEO Jim Cracchiolo. All reviews posted anonymously by Ameriprise employees.