Ameriprise
www.ameriprise.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Lots of Learning

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at Ameriprise full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEmphasis on development and learning, espeically in their Financial Leadership Development Program. Paying for finanical exams and having technical classes are helfpul. They rotate you around which is great.

ConsHard to move around in the company. There isn't much room for growth (especially at Columbia Managment in Boston). There isn't much focus on paying entry level. The focus is on the sales team. That is where there is growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more growth opportunities for those outside of sales. Sales team is paid very much and perks go to them. Would be nice to share the love.

Hard to get going

I have been working at Ameriprise full-time

Pros: I don't work very hard Cons: I don't get paid very much Advice to Senior Management: Lower my fees and client fees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ameriprise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Results Oriented Workplace Flexible hours and schedule Work at home options Opportunities for… Cons: Sometimes management has lack of long term focus Advice to Senior Management: Utilize more employees rather than offshore contractors Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Ameriprise.

Worked for Ameriprise? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ameriprise reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ameriprise CEO Jim Cracchiolo. All reviews posted anonymously by Ameriprise employees.