There are newer employer reviews for Ameriprise

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Team Leader  in  Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Team Leader in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Ameriprise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Plenty of opportunities in this growing company

Cons

Salary is lower than competitors

558 Other Employee Reviews for Ameriprise (View Most Recent)

Soulless, Sanitized, and Surface

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ameriprise as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Because of the over use of contractors and off-shore labor, it's as easy to get hired as it is to get fired/laid off.

Cons

This place has as much substance, depth, longevity, and character as an industrial stainless steel countertop. It feels like going to the salt mines; people do not look at one another when they pass by and everyone ignores everyone else as though they don't exist. When I arrive each morning, the rows and rows of empty cubicles that contractors use look like their occupants had to flee on a moment's notice from a disaster; partial hardware and cabling mixed with personal effects litter desktops. At the end of each row of cubicles is a taped list of occupants. All of the lists are incorrect and name people who have been gone for who knows how long. This is a very silo'd organization with many complex, redundant and insular departments. CYA is everywhere. Six contractors were hired after me and half have already left. Now we have three more. Just like that.

I almost think this one is terminal. It's so top-heavy that I do not think any one person would claim responsibility and take action. My advice: take your company back and repair it - from it's current highly mechanical, profit at all costs mentality to a company that profits by creating a powerful brand (like google) that sees employees as assets to nurture, maintain, and grow - not "resources" to exploit.

Run...Away....Fast

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ameriprise full-time

Pros

Nice building.....Yeah, that's about it.

Cons

Hours, pay, culture, opportunities, training....I'm sure there are others.

This is a bad, bad place. Hired a bunch of Financial Advisors, now decided they've overhired so the lower tenured advisors being pushed into Client Service Associate roles. Don't complain, though, they are looking for excuses to fire people and not pay unemployment if you dissent. This place is as toxic as I've ever seen. Can't think of much good to say. Would definitely not recommend it to anyone.

There are newer employer reviews for Ameriprise

Worked for Ameriprise? Contribute to the Community!