There are newer employer reviews for Ameriprise

The best company to work for.

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Ameriprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good pay, great management team to work for. Ameriprise has an amazing culture in regards to there environment. It is a company with outstanding comradery and a team togetherness that I've never felt from any other company.

Cons

none great company absolutely no compliance thus far.

Advice to Management

Continue to build the great culture that Ameriprise offer's and the company will continue to be one of the best companies to work for.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Mircovic and Teal Group - Albany, NY - Unpaid Intern Trying

Current Intern - Intern in Albany, NY
    Current Intern - Intern in Albany, NY

I have been working at Ameriprise as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I was able to use it as a resume builder, found out what I don't like in a corporate structure.

Cons

I had accepted and fully understood that I would be unpaid for this position, but I wanted to use it as a learning experience. Some of that occurred, along with having to file papers and bring partners coffee. Little respect was given as well.

Advice to Management

Don't belittle the people who work for you, even if they are unpaid interns. Let them learn, not be your secretary.

It was not a very good experience.

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Campbell, CA

I worked at Ameriprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn the basics of financial planning and do a lot of financial plans. It works best in theory but in practice you cannot make any amount of decent money doing plans. Salary of $ 36k to $ 39k is not at all appropriate to do business of financial planning.Good work culture and leadership but it is bent to give more opportunities to successful advisors only.

Cons

Training is good but again you are giving lots of time doing financial plans ( loss leader) and if you do not realize you may spend 2 to 3 years not getting paid or having any meaningful traction.Focus on insurance and managed money later. .....too much focus on disability insurance..... I would prefer to manage and gear myself to be an asset gatherer with AUM to sustain some business.....You are starving and cannot continue doing financial plans. As it is not the plans but what they lead to is important

Advice to Management

Be realistic, give a decent salary to begin with....more partnerships with other advisors.Technology needs to be updated and also try to talk to advisors in the language of their clients like hi-tech engineers in valley need to be communicated differently. I guess compliance is the excuse there. Try to make the paper work less tedious for advisors especially new comers. Give some incentives in terms of lunch money etc to be able to spend for client events and not just do 10 plans and earn $ 200 or $ 250 bucks for lunch money. Help experience advisors hit the ground running.