Ameriprise

www.ameriprise.com

It's a good place to start and you might just stay.

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsIt's a flexible career which allows you to work as much or as little as you want. My favorite part is that you are able to build great relationships with clients that you like that can last a lifetime.

ConsIt's hard work and a lot of it. I would not recommend it if you have significant financial responsibilities or if you do not want to work long hours in the beginning. The fact that you do not have a big base means that you will likely not be sure how you are going to pay your bills.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they have done a good job of raising standards and although it makes the job more difficult I think it is ultimately worth it.

don't work here unless you are willing to work for little pay and long hours and are willing to be dishonest!

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Yardley, PA

I have been working at Ameriprise

Pros: None. A lot of big promisses... none delivered! Cons: You are expected to work long hours for very little pay. They are most likely violating employment laws. They lie about the amount of money… Advice to Senior Management: Don't lie or mislead people about this career. Invest in your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not worth the interview.

Financial Advisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Ameriprise

Pros: None, my best day was my last day. Cons: Very little guidance from management, more of a boiler room than an office. I would most liken my experience as standing in… Advice to Senior Management: Get a better business model or merge No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Ameriprise.

Worked for Ameriprise? Contribute to the Community!