Ameriprise

Job Eliminated

Former Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Ameriprise

Pros

Good place to work, Support from Management was good, Technology was adequate, the tools to do your job were provided. Development of employees is provided, "Just in time". (You don't get it unless you ask, and document why you need it.)

Cons

Tough to move up. Many things are based on your job band, and you are treated accordingly. (example: my job band in one position during my career did not allow me to have a window seat in the building, so a non-employee was positioned there instead.)

Stop the outsourcing! Sending American jobs overseas might help the bottom line in the short term, but will NOT help our economy.

585 Other Employee Reviews for Ameriprise (View Most Recent)

It's pretty good here.

Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ameriprise

Pros

Very diverse enviroment, with opportunities and freedom within certain jobs. Management is very sensitive to creating the proper working enviroment.

Cons

Cubicle land is kind of a nightmare, I don't like the restrooms (not enough privacy) and the onsite food is not great and a little too expensive.

As with all management, they need to listen more to the people closest to the work itself when making decisions that are going to affect those people.

Job eliminated

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Ameriprise

Pros

The vision and mission of financial planning is important to the people who work there and they believe they are adding value to our communities. Senior management works well together.

Cons

In Finance, the culture has changed in the past few years to be more focused on getting things done quickly, but with the same high expectation of quality. Unfortunately, those two things cannot always exist at the same time without people burning out.

During the 500 job eliminations of 2009, they showed great class and respect of people in the way they communicated what was happening.

There are newer employer reviews for Ameriprise