Ameriprise

www.ameriprise.com
  www.ameriprise.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ameriprise

Ameriprise is a good place to work with potential for an even better experience

Current Employee - Ameriprise Associate in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Ameriprise Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ameriprise

Pros

challenging work and general support to get job done

Cons

new company and not organized

Keep building culture but realize the firm is NOT just financial planning. Its only a small piece of the business

588 Other Employee Reviews for Ameriprise (View Most Recent)

It's a good place to start and you might just stay.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Ameriprise

Pros

It's a flexible career which allows you to work as much or as little as you want. My favorite part is that you are able to build great relationships with clients that you like that can last a lifetime.

Cons

It's hard work and a lot of it. I would not recommend it if you have significant financial responsibilities or if you do not want to work long hours in the beginning. The fact that you do not have a big base means that you will likely not be sure how you are going to pay your bills.

I think they have done a good job of raising standards and although it makes the job more difficult I think it is ultimately worth it.

don't work here unless you are willing to work for little pay and long hours and are willing to be dishonest!

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Yardley, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Yardley, PA

I have been working at Ameriprise

Pros

None. A lot of big promisses... none delivered!

Cons

You are expected to work long hours for very little pay. They are most likely violating employment laws. They lie about the amount of money you will make. There is litlie to no training before they expect you to start bringing on clients. The expect you to bring on your family and friends before you are trained and you have any clue about what you are askiing you family and friends to sign up for. 1 in 10 make it past the first 10 weeks... by then they have hooked your family and friends who have signed a 1 year contract and payed a lot of money.

Don't lie or mislead people about this career. Invest in your employees and train them before you ask them to start selling.

There are newer employer reviews for Ameriprise