There are newer employer reviews for Ameriprise

A decent corporate environment.

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ameriprise

Pros

Respectful and positive corporate environment. Fair compensation and work/life balance policies. Focus on the customer, innovation, and results. The company is getting it's name out there after an increased focus on marketing and building the brand. Also made a huge investment in upgrading our technology over the last few years.

Cons

A lot of belt-tightening and outsourcing during the last couple of years. Several re-organizations have shuffled leadership and departments around. Tough to know who you'll be reporting to 6 months from now.

Focus on keeping tenured, knowledgeable, and productive employees happy and ensure career opportunities are available for people to grow into.

575 Other Employee Reviews for Ameriprise (View Most Recent)

Ameriprise is a good place to work with potential for an even better experience

Current Employee - Ameriprise Associate in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Ameriprise Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ameriprise

Pros

challenging work and general support to get job done

Cons

new company and not organized

Keep building culture but realize the firm is NOT just financial planning. Its only a small piece of the business

It's a good place to start and you might just stay.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Ameriprise

Pros

It's a flexible career which allows you to work as much or as little as you want. My favorite part is that you are able to build great relationships with clients that you like that can last a lifetime.

Cons

It's hard work and a lot of it. I would not recommend it if you have significant financial responsibilities or if you do not want to work long hours in the beginning. The fact that you do not have a big base means that you will likely not be sure how you are going to pay your bills.

I think they have done a good job of raising standards and although it makes the job more difficult I think it is ultimately worth it.

There are newer employer reviews for Ameriprise