There are newer employer reviews for AmerisourceBergen

Like Walking on Eggshells

Current Employee - Title Would Identify Me  in  Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Title Would Identify Me in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

The best reason to work for AmerisourceBergen is that employees get free soft drinks. No kidding! That is the best reason to work for AmerisourceBergen.

Cons

The biggest downside to working at AmerisourceBergen is that the company does not really care about employees. They only care about the shareholder. At fault is our CEO who continuously emphasizes shareholder value. Well, I'd like to see his famed shareholders come in and do my job and generate the revenues that I generate to keep this company going! Shareholders just buy shares--employees make the company! Unfortunately, AmerisourceBergen's management doesn't see that.

The company is also poorly focused. For example, they just recently kicked off what I would call their 'minority tolerance campaign' but they completely have the wrong approach. The only minority that they see are blacks. And teaching tolerance is not teaching acceptance; it's just being a hypocrite.

Kick your shareholders to the curb and start appreciating your employees!

Stop telling me to cut corners and stop cutting back on benefits and start spending less on corporate travel. How come executives can't take a taxi when they travel and opt for limo services? I am still waiting for a new chair which I am sure we could afford if you stop taking clients out on $4,000 dinners!

Stop hiring Project Managers! Last time I checked, project management was part of an executive's job description.

Stop being penny wise and dollar stupid.

Get rid of the buddy system that has developed and engulfed the company. It has done nothing but create a culture of fear and a hostile work environment.

199 Other Employee Reviews for AmerisourceBergen (View Most Recent)

Prejudice abounds

Former Employee - Account Manager Health Systems  in  Thorofare, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Manager Health Systems in Thorofare, NJ

I worked at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

The comraderie between sales associates was exceptional. Consultative sales in the healthcare industry was challenging and fun.

Cons

Sales associates were not rewarded based on their true accomplishments. There was much prejudice within the sales management team. There was a system for sales associated to review their standings; however, this was taken away when some of the top performers were not being rewarded accordingly. Lies are prevalent within management.

Evaluate sales management's procedures for reviewing others amd the validity of them.

No new development for ABSG

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Dallas, TX

I worked at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

Health benefits were pretty good.

Cons

As a developer, there is no way you will EVER do new development. You would end up being a maintenance monkey while all development is farmed out to contract houses.

Let your software developers develop. They know the business from the inside.

There are newer employer reviews for AmerisourceBergen

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!