There are newer employer reviews for AmerisourceBergen

Great company with almost zero room for growth.

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative II in Roanoke, TX
Former Employee - Technical Support Representative II in Roanoke, TX

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

ABC had great above average starting salaries. The benefits were absolutely amazing. I was shocked when I left and realized that most insurance is terrible. All of my co-workers were great.

Cons

There is almost zero room for professional growth or raises. Raises were your typical 1%-4% yearly raise. When I worked there the average employee tenure was 20+ years. While that's great from a culture aspect, no one ever leaves. Promotion only comes if your in it for the long haul.

Politics galore. Some people who really, really need to be let go are left to govern their department like its their own personal kingdom.

213 Other Employee Reviews for AmerisourceBergen (View Most Recent)

It is all about WHO you know!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I loved working under Larry Beckmann - he was a great leader and it showed in his people! Very much respect - then when he retired - things went downhill. It was sad to see what he helped build from the ground up, start to crumble. Thought it was Anderson Packaging ...but looking at these reviews - perhaps it started with AmerisourceBergen.

Cons

When I left AndersonBrecon it seems we had alot of department heads with big dollar salaries - and not enough worker bees (who should have been making more). They were promoting people left and right - a lot of politics also...low morale - even had managers that didn't have a clue how to manager!
    They had a handbook - but it amounted to "who's who" - they had different rules for different people!

Get your head out of their ass and walk the talk!!!!

Big company with too many small companies

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits all around. Nice office. Helpful, team atmosphere with peers.

Cons

Each business unit operates differently, very little engagement from senior management. Low morale due to lack of communication.

Be more involved, or at least pretend to be... Say hello to people. Give recognition when due.

There are newer employer reviews for AmerisourceBergen