There are newer employer reviews for AmerisourceBergen

Could be worse...

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Frisco, TX
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Frisco, TX

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than a year

Pros

The bonus checks, the potlucks, the peers you meet, co-workers are what made me stay as long as I did.

Cons

Micro-managing, no flexibility with shifts, no consistency when it comes to work in general. Things are always changing, and you feel like a number and not really a person.

Listen to the people working for you, stop depending on computers and different software to tell you the needs of the business...sit with people and see how unbalanced the workload is to gain a better perspective of what real changes need to be made.

201 Other Employee Reviews for AmerisourceBergen (View Most Recent)

Quality is not important anymore

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative II  in  Roanoke, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative II in Roanoke, TX

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Helping the customer resolve issues that were in essence life altering was great. When I began with the company in 2006 I was impressed by the commitment to resolve the issue and make the customer happy rather than a quick Band-Aid approach. The people that were there had been with the company for many years and it seemed that once you were in you could retire from the company.

Cons

The unfortunate thing with the company is that after the analyst came through and crunched numbers they thought things would be better by being faster instead of being done right. The customers became so irritated with the way that they were treated that they changed vendors. It was so sad to talk to hospitals that I worked with over the years to hear their frustration with the way they were suddenly just a number instead of a person.

Listen to the customer and see how they are affected when they are not treated with respect and heard when they tell you that they are not happy. There are so many wonderful people that AmerisourceBergen has let go in the last year over the most absurd reasons. It is important to have employees that are happy doing their job and love what they do to have happy customers. The people that work for you reflect your image and if you want the company to have a great image you must stop allowing the race for who takes the most calls be the deciding factor in who is doing the best job. The truth is that to resolve the problem correctly the first time cuts down on the amount of calls that come in at all. Their was nothing more embarrassing than answering a call to have the customer tell you that they had called three times and talked to three different people who did not fix the problem and that they were so grateful that I answered because they knew that I would take care of them.

Associate Director

Former Employee - Associate Director
    Former Employee - Associate Director

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture. Nice people. Nice managers in general. Not a clear career path

Cons

Lower pay than at Pharma companies in general

Invest more in talent development

There are newer employer reviews for AmerisourceBergen

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!