Could be worse...

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Frisco, TX
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Frisco, TX

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than a year

Pros

The bonus checks, the potlucks, the peers you meet, co-workers are what made me stay as long as I did.

Cons

Micro-managing, no flexibility with shifts, no consistency when it comes to work in general. Things are always changing, and you feel like a number and not really a person.

Listen to the people working for you, stop depending on computers and different software to tell you the needs of the business...sit with people and see how unbalanced the workload is to gain a better perspective of what real changes need to be made.

Other Reviews for AmerisourceBergen

Salaries way below industry standards

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love the people I work with, it's a stable company with large earning potential and growth, great benefits package

Cons

The goals that Senior Management set for some of the business units this year were completely unattainable causing some to not get their bonuses. People rely on the bonus to put them somewhere closer to a salary they can survive on. This company does not reward it's employees. A 2% raise on an "Exceeds Expectations" review per year is not acceptable. People can't live on that and deal with inflation. I hear about a lot of people that are looking for either a second job or looking to leave the company completely.

Give back to your employees. You have experienced HUGE earnings, you should put some of that back into the people that have gotten you there. Especially the lower level workers. The amount of turnover has got to be costing the company quite a bit in training new personnel.

Initially, this was an awesome company to join.

Current Employee - Reimbursement Counselor  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Reimbursement Counselor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They have great benefits, but really need work on opportunities for career advancement.

Cons

They have recently hired managers with no experience in medical insurance. They have strictly started hiring managers from other call centers who are not well-versed on medical benefits. This has created a disconnect between managers and workers. It has also allowed management to implement unrealistic expectations on the company's staff.

I would like them to take an honest look at their goals and expectations for an 8 hour work day, and realize how impossible their goals are for their employees to meet those goals on a daily basis. Please realize that if one benefit verification call is 30 minutes or more then it will be impossible to consistently meet such high expectations. I would also prefer that the company review their hiring guidelines for program managers, and make it a requirement that those program managers have at least on year of experience of verifying and documenting medical insurance prior to becoming program managers.

There are newer employer reviews for AmerisourceBergen.

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!