There are newer employer reviews for AmerisourceBergen

Felt like I was walking on pins and needles....

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Impactful industry as the efforts of ABC positively impact countless people across the world

Cons

-Stuffy corporate culture
-Leadership was out of touch with employee base
-Experienced "flavor of the week/month" type initiatives
-Growth opportunities were limited

Listen to team members when they ask for advice and ways to grow as a professional.

201 Other Employee Reviews for AmerisourceBergen (View Most Recent)

Salaries way below industry standards

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love the people I work with, it's a stable company with large earning potential and growth, great benefits package

Cons

The goals that Senior Management set for some of the business units this year were completely unattainable causing some to not get their bonuses. People rely on the bonus to put them somewhere closer to a salary they can survive on. This company does not reward it's employees. A 2% raise on an "Exceeds Expectations" review per year is not acceptable. People can't live on that and deal with inflation. I hear about a lot of people that are looking for either a second job or looking to leave the company completely.

Give back to your employees. You have experienced HUGE earnings, you should put some of that back into the people that have gotten you there. Especially the lower level workers. The amount of turnover has got to be costing the company quite a bit in training new personnel.

Initially, this was an awesome company to join.

Current Employee - Reimbursement Counselor  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Reimbursement Counselor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They have great benefits, but really need work on opportunities for career advancement.

Cons

They have recently hired managers with no experience in medical insurance. They have strictly started hiring managers from other call centers who are not well-versed on medical benefits. This has created a disconnect between managers and workers. It has also allowed management to implement unrealistic expectations on the company's staff.

I would like them to take an honest look at their goals and expectations for an 8 hour work day, and realize how impossible their goals are for their employees to meet those goals on a daily basis. Please realize that if one benefit verification call is 30 minutes or more then it will be impossible to consistently meet such high expectations. I would also prefer that the company review their hiring guidelines for program managers, and make it a requirement that those program managers have at least on year of experience of verifying and documenting medical insurance prior to becoming program managers.

There are newer employer reviews for AmerisourceBergen

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!