There are newer employer reviews for AmerisourceBergen

Behind the times

Former Employee - Pharmacist
Former Employee - Pharmacist

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great "offered" benefits, some good people working for them who are actually concerned about patients

Cons

Poorly managed by old-school pharmacists who are either unable or unwilling to grasp pharmacy in the new era. They will be out of business in the next 10 years with necessary changes.

Pay people what they are worth. Focus on patients. Get rid of old "buddies" who work for you when they don't have the company's best interest in mind.

201 Other Employee Reviews for AmerisourceBergen (View Most Recent)

I guess?

Current Employee - Specialty Pharmacy Liaison  in  Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Specialty Pharmacy Liaison in Rockville, MD

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They always seem to be hiring which is a plus for a lot of people. Depending on which team you're on the work isn't awful. There is job stability if you're on the right team and if the right people in management like you.

Cons

Depending on who your upper management is or which pharmaceutical company you're actually working for it can make your life pretty unbearable. At the beginning of the year they hire a massive amount of temporary employees but most don't know what they're doing and it causes those of us who work here normally to have to double our work to assist with the newer employees or totally redo what they've already done.

The worst CEO to this day!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Valley Forge, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley Forge, PA

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time

Pros

This used to be a great company with a great history.

Cons

We are no longer a great company. This new CEO has no clue as to the value of human resource. Employees, to him, are an expense. I wonder if he can do all our jobs on his own because he certainly cannot do his. He cannot inspire a drowning man to take a breath of air. Our compensation package is on the floor. We are severely underpaid and our benefits are almost non existent.

Employees are no an expense. But then again, incompetent managers do not realize that.

There are newer employer reviews for AmerisourceBergen

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!