AmerisourceBergen

www.amerisourcebergen.com
  www.amerisourcebergen.com
There are newer employer reviews for AmerisourceBergen

Loved the company when I worked there.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I worked at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

The Specialty Group was a great company to work for before the recession hit. The pay was really good and the benefits were great. The majority of folks were as nice as they come.

Cons

I heard they had to lay some people off in late 2009 and 2010 so I'm not sure what it's like to work there now. Unfortunately, I worked for one of the few bad managers at the Specialty Group so my personal experience was traumatic. Which was a shame because I loved ABSG overall.

Overall, upper management did a great job.

233 Other Employee Reviews for AmerisourceBergen (View Most Recent)

Frugal but Good to Work For

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA

I worked at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

Management and executives are for the most part very unpretentious and down to earth. As a result, it is a more relaxed and comfortable place to work. Distribution has been a low-tech, low paying industry, but ABC has been updating its business processes and personnel to become more in tune with competitors and other companies following the merger of ten years ago.

Very stable company and will continue to grow as drug use grows and generics take more of the market. No risk of being acquired.

Cons

Distribution is a very low margin business, consequently that pervades the corporate culture. The CEO talks about pinching pennies, and he's right. Salaries are lower than comparable positions in other industries, as are benefits. Fight for as much salary and position as possible. There are a lot of VP's because it's the only way they can stay competitive with other companies on salary. They do have stock options, although less than other industries i'm famiilar with.

Provide a roadmap for career or salary advancement for high achieving managers and directors

It's not a bad company to work for.

Current Employee - Analyst in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

If not in BT this is very much a 9-5 job. Managers pretty much leave you alone as long as you get the job done. Relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Old fashioned when it comes to tele-commuting. Low on benefits, 6 holidays a year and everybody starts with 2 weeks vacation. I hear bonuses are great but only managers get them. It's a no frills company.

N/A