AmerisourceBergen

www.amerisourcebergen.com

Decent company - good place to learn and develop professionally. Unfair promotion practices with little HR intervention.

Research Analyst (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsI am no longer at this company (left last year). However, at the time my department offered flexibility in work schedules. I also liked that employees are given many opportunities to pursue professional development through education reimbursement program, on-the-job training and in-house resources.

ConsThe downsides mainly revolved around poor management. In the area I worked in (the Lash/Xcenda subsidiary -- a smaller company under the AmerisourceBergen umbrella), there were managers who had been there since the company was much smaller. These managers were unwilling to let go of 'what we always do'.

There was a big problem with managers hiring personal friends, giving friends the best projects and professional education opportunities (when space was limited), and then promoting those friends to higher positions with better pay over staff with more related experience and higher performance. HR and Sr Management did little address employees' concerns over promotion practices, despite repeated complaints. On some teams, those promoted weren't capable of doing their new job efficiently and the work fell on those who were passed over (leading to a team of disgruntled and unmotivated employees).

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement processes to assure the promotion processes are fair to assure you don't lose good people. Award people based on their performance. Be willing to hear new/innovative ideas from those in non-management positions.

Like Walking on Eggshells

Title Would Identify Me (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen

Pros: The best reason to work for AmerisourceBergen is that employees get free soft… Cons: The biggest downside to working at AmerisourceBergen is that the company does not really care about employees. They only care about the shareholder. … Advice to Senior Management: Kick your shareholders to the curb and start appreciating your employees! Stop telling me to cut corners and stop cutting back on benefits and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Prejudice abounds

Account Manager Health Systems (Former Employee) Thorofare, NJ

I worked at AmerisourceBergen

Pros: The comraderie between sales associates was exceptional. Consultative sales… Cons: Sales associates were not rewarded based on their true accomplishments. There was much prejudice within the sales management team. There was a system… Advice to Senior Management: Evaluate sales management's procedures for reviewing others amd the validity… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AmerisourceBergen.

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!