AmerisourceBergen

www.amerisourcebergen.com
  www.amerisourcebergen.com
There are newer employer reviews for AmerisourceBergen

Decent company - good place to learn and develop professionally. Unfair promotion practices with little HR intervention.

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Research Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I worked at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

I am no longer at this company (left last year). However, at the time my department offered flexibility in work schedules. I also liked that employees are given many opportunities to pursue professional development through education reimbursement program, on-the-job training and in-house resources.

Cons

The downsides mainly revolved around poor management. In the area I worked in (the Lash/Xcenda subsidiary -- a smaller company under the AmerisourceBergen umbrella), there were managers who had been there since the company was much smaller. These managers were unwilling to let go of 'what we always do'.

There was a big problem with managers hiring personal friends, giving friends the best projects and professional education opportunities (when space was limited), and then promoting those friends to higher positions with better pay over staff with more related experience and higher performance. HR and Sr Management did little address employees' concerns over promotion practices, despite repeated complaints. On some teams, those promoted weren't capable of doing their new job efficiently and the work fell on those who were passed over (leading to a team of disgruntled and unmotivated employees).

Implement processes to assure the promotion processes are fair to assure you don't lose good people. Award people based on their performance. Be willing to hear new/innovative ideas from those in non-management positions.

230 Other Employee Reviews for AmerisourceBergen (View Most Recent)

Like Walking on Eggshells

Current Employee - Title Would Identify Me in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Title Would Identify Me in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

The best reason to work for AmerisourceBergen is that employees get free soft drinks. No kidding! That is the best reason to work for AmerisourceBergen.

Cons

The biggest downside to working at AmerisourceBergen is that the company does not really care about employees. They only care about the shareholder. At fault is our CEO who continuously emphasizes shareholder value. Well, I'd like to see his famed shareholders come in and do my job and generate the revenues that I generate to keep this company going! Shareholders just buy shares--employees make the company! Unfortunately, AmerisourceBergen's management doesn't see that.

The company is also poorly focused. For example, they just recently kicked off what I would call their 'minority tolerance campaign' but they completely have the wrong approach. The only minority that they see are blacks. And teaching tolerance is not teaching acceptance; it's just being a hypocrite.

Kick your shareholders to the curb and start appreciating your employees!

Stop telling me to cut corners and stop cutting back on benefits and start spending less on corporate travel. How come executives can't take a taxi when they travel and opt for limo services? I am still waiting for a new chair which I am sure we could afford if you stop taking clients out on $4,000 dinners!

Stop hiring Project Managers! Last time I checked, project management was part of an executive's job description.

Stop being penny wise and dollar stupid.

Get rid of the buddy system that has developed and engulfed the company. It has done nothing but create a culture of fear and a hostile work environment.

Prejudice abounds

Former Employee - Account Manager Health Systems in Thorofare, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Manager Health Systems in Thorofare, NJ

I worked at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

The comraderie between sales associates was exceptional. Consultative sales in the healthcare industry was challenging and fun.

Cons

Sales associates were not rewarded based on their true accomplishments. There was much prejudice within the sales management team. There was a system for sales associated to review their standings; however, this was taken away when some of the top performers were not being rewarded accordingly. Lies are prevalent within management.

Evaluate sales management's procedures for reviewing others amd the validity of them.

There are newer employer reviews for AmerisourceBergen