There are newer employer reviews for Ameristar Casinos

A soul crushing experience.

Current Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Kansas City, MO

Pros

It was good to experience the many cultures that work at Ameristar.

Cons

50+ hour work weeks (managers in other departments worked 40), limited time off given, comps taken away, incompetency of upper management, worked managers during recession to the point of physical exhaustion, and attitude toward human capital went from good to cruel.

Advice to Management

Bring back more full time employees. Went from 90/10 FT/PT to 55/45, and hire more managers. I worked in a room that had five managers a couple of years ago and had to go it alone for six weeks while managing another venue.

Other Employee Reviews for Ameristar Casinos

1. A home away from home!!

Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in Vicksburg, MS
    Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in Vicksburg, MS

Pros

Ameristar provides an atmosphere in which all would love. Not only are we their employees, but we are a family. The relationships with the guests are excellent. We do sometimes have problems, but we are a team and we work through them. That's what it's all about. That's why I love my job so much, and that's why I look forward to coming to work each day. Ameristar is my home away from home.

Cons

The only downsides that I can see for some about working at Ameristar, is working on Christmas and New Year's. Most people want to spend all day with their families. I look at it as if I have 2 families to spend time with. To some of our guest, we are their families, and they are their no matter what day it is. Personally, I love working on holidays because the atmosphere is just a little bit sweeter.

Advice to Management

I think that our leadership team is doing a great job. Although it's hard to please everyone at the same time, they try their hardest to make us all happy. That's what I like about working for Ameristar, to those over us, we are not just their employees. They show care, passion, and concern and will help us in any way that they can, to make sure that our problems are solved and we are smiling!!

2. Helpful and friendly team, great growth opportunities, and a "never ending fun place" overall.

Current Employee - Banquets Bartender, Server, Set-Up in Council Bluffs, IA
    Current Employee - Banquets Bartender, Server, Set-Up in Council Bluffs, IA

Pros

Fun place to work at Understanding senior management, (open door policy) Great growth opportunities A Variety of modern tools to make your job easier no matter what it might be Appreciation and recognition for the achieved tasks Exceptionally friendly team A great family of different departments working together to achieve a common goal

Cons

Too much great food and beverages in the Team member Cafeteria that sometimes makes you want to stop working and spend there rest of your day there.

Advice to Management

keep up a good work Communicate with other team members on daily basis to assure that information is delivered to everybody