A stepping stone

Current Employee - Pit Boss  in  Saint Charles, MO
Current Employee - Pit Boss in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Ameristar Casinos

Pros

Good pay for no experience necessary, in my department anyway. Fun atmosphere when you first begin your job. Lively atmosphere.

Cons

There is not much room for moving up. Management often plays favorites at this location when it comes to promotions.

Offer more pay to employees. We are the lowest paying casino in the area in table games. Always have been for the past 16 years from what I hear.

Other Reviews for Ameristar Casinos

A soul crushing experience.

Current Employee - Food and Beverage Manager  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Ameristar Casinos

Pros

It was good to experience the many cultures that work at Ameristar.

Cons

50+ hour work weeks (managers in other departments worked 40), limited time off given, comps taken away, incompetency of upper management, worked managers during recession to the point of physical exhaustion, and attitude toward human capital went from good to cruel.

Bring back more full time employees. Went from 90/10 FT/PT to 55/45, and hire more managers. I worked in a room that had five managers a couple of years ago and had to go it alone for six weeks while managing another venue.

A home away from home!!

Current Employee - Table Games Dealer  in  Vicksburg, MS
    Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in Vicksburg, MS

I have been working at Ameristar Casinos

Pros

Ameristar provides an atmosphere in which all would love. Not only are we their employees, but we are a family. The relationships with the guests are excellent. We do sometimes have problems, but we are a team and we work through them. That's what it's all about. That's why I love my job so much, and that's why I look forward to coming to work each day. Ameristar is my home away from home.

Cons

The only downsides that I can see for some about working at Ameristar, is working on Christmas and New Year's. Most people want to spend all day with their families. I look at it as if I have 2 families to spend time with. To some of our guest, we are their families, and they are their no matter what day it is. Personally, I love working on holidays because the atmosphere is just a little bit sweeter.

I think that our leadership team is doing a great job. Although it's hard to please everyone at the same time, they try their hardest to make us all happy. That's what I like about working for Ameristar, to those over us, we are not just their employees. They show care, passion, and concern and will help us in any way that they can, to make sure that our problems are solved and we are smiling!!

There are newer employer reviews for Ameristar Casinos.

Worked for Ameristar Casinos? Contribute to the Community!