Doesn't treat everyone fairly

Pros

you will get flexible schedules, and they are willing to work around you school and family you will be able to make good money sometime

Cons

They will not give you enough hours if you are part time due to excessive hiring Seniority doesn't mean a thing to them anymore You will not get good sections if you've been here for a while, unless you are on a rotation.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees fairly, don't just be nice to the new hires and let them get away with everything because you want them to stay.

Other Employee Reviews for Ameristar Casinos

1. Good for the most part

Pros

Decent pay great co-workers perfect for a "people" person

Cons

senior management not open to opinions or ideas from the employees. Guest Service has been stressed so much, yet cuts in services have made providing good service frustrating.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid or unwilling to expend resources necessary to compete

2. Frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

Enjoy the People I work with on the Casino Floor and the Laughter we share. I respect every person I come in contact with, while I am working

Cons

To many decisions are made by the Corporate Office in Las Vegas, without really knowing what is going on with my fellow Team Members in E.C.

Advice to Management

Listen to the Team Members that actually work on the Casino Floor. They really do have good ideas and suggestions of what works at our Property. What may look good on paper or in a Pie Chart, DOESN'T necessarily mean it will work at a certain property.