Ameristar Casinos

www.ameristar.com
  www.ameristar.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ameristar Casinos

Good company, good people...hard work

Current Employee - Manager in Jackpot, NV
Current Employee - Manager in Jackpot, NV

I have been working at Ameristar Casinos

Pros

Company with a clear goal and vision. This is shared with all team members.
Easy to take pride in your work.

Cons

It can be long hours and long weeks. Sometimes corporate office controls too much even though they are removed from the property

77 Other Employee Reviews for Ameristar Casinos (View Most Recent)

Not that great...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Ameristar Casinos

Pros

They do have benefits for part-timers (even if they're not that great), and they are pretty flexible in schedules to accommodate school and family.

Cons

Since the British management came in in 2000, the place has gone majorly downhill. They show a lot of disrespect to employees and are EXTREMELY unaccommodating to given realistic shift start and end times. Sometimes you may have to stay hours late without notice (which you're never rewarded or appreciated it for), but God forbid, if you clock in 5 seconds late, you are severely punished without leniency. Throwing up or or having an asthma attack and the EMTs determine you need to go home and you're punished (rigid attendance point system). They expect employees to come to work in EXTREME hazardous winter weather conditions (like when they tell you not to leave your house or you risk death), and will send you home immediately due to no customers. They have an open-door policy, but it is extremely difficult to get to who you want to speak to, and when you do - they are usually condescending and act you're like beneath them. They have a lot of propaganda scattered around employee parts of the casino on how great they are and how much they care about their employees, but continue to show a strong sense of disrespect to them through they're action. We have a dining room in the back, and slowly but surely they cut back costs so that they kept removing people's favorite foods one by one. They give you insurance if you're a part-timer, but it's pretty terrible and lots of people end up with $700 bills for a routine check-up. They also have you walk to your car in the dark late at night without much light or security. They just don't show a lot of respect to their employees.

Show greater care to your employees and also to your customers. I constantly hear valid customer complaints about how Ameristar treats them with disrespect and I tend to agree.

A stepping stone

Current Employee - Pit Boss in Saint Charles, MO
    Current Employee - Pit Boss in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Ameristar Casinos

Pros

Good pay for no experience necessary, in my department anyway. Fun atmosphere when you first begin your job. Lively atmosphere.

Cons

There is not much room for moving up. Management often plays favorites at this location when it comes to promotions.

Offer more pay to employees. We are the lowest paying casino in the area in table games. Always have been for the past 16 years from what I hear.

There are newer employer reviews for Ameristar Casinos