Ameristar Casinos

www.ameristar.com

Not that great...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsThey do have benefits for part-timers (even if they're not that great), and they are pretty flexible in schedules to accommodate school and family.

ConsSince the British management came in in 2000, the place has gone majorly downhill. They show a lot of disrespect to employees and are EXTREMELY unaccommodating to given realistic shift start and end times. Sometimes you may have to stay hours late without notice (which you're never rewarded or appreciated it for), but God forbid, if you clock in 5 seconds late, you are severely punished without leniency. Throwing up or or having an asthma attack and the EMTs determine you need to go home and you're punished (rigid attendance point system). They expect employees to come to work in EXTREME hazardous winter weather conditions (like when they tell you not to leave your house or you risk death), and will send you home immediately due to no customers. They have an open-door policy, but it is extremely difficult to get to who you want to speak to, and when you do - they are usually condescending and act you're like beneath them. They have a lot of propaganda scattered around employee parts of the casino on how great they are and how much they care about their employees, but continue to show a strong sense of disrespect to them through they're action. We have a dining room in the back, and slowly but surely they cut back costs so that they kept removing people's favorite foods one by one. They give you insurance if you're a part-timer, but it's pretty terrible and lots of people end up with $700 bills for a routine check-up. They also have you walk to your car in the dark late at night without much light or security. They just don't show a lot of respect to their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow greater care to your employees and also to your customers. I constantly hear valid customer complaints about how Ameristar treats them with disrespect and I tend to agree.

A stepping stone

Pit Boss (Current Employee) Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Ameristar Casinos

Pros: Good pay for no experience necessary, in my department anyway.… Cons: There is not much room for moving up. Management often… Advice to Senior Management: Offer more pay to employees. We are the lowest paying casino in the area… More

It was a good place to work but the location is difficult from Denver in any sort of weather. Overall its a good family

Recruiter (Current Employee) Black Hawk, CO

I have been working at Ameristar Casinos

Pros: people are great. Fun and lively environment. Cons: Location, gaming licenses required for most positions. Advice to Senior Management: share more information with employees. More
There are newer reviews on Ameristar Casinos.

Worked for Ameristar Casinos? Contribute to the Community!