Ameristar Casinos
www.ameristar.com Las Vegas, NV 5000+ Employees

Management Resents Dealers

Table Games Dealer (Current Employee)
Black Hawk, CO

I have been working at Ameristar Casinos part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis is only Ameristar property where the dealers keep their own tips. Becoming full time is not really possible, but you can still make a nice income part time. It's the nicest casino in town, so it stays consistently busy.

ConsManagement continuously reminds us this is the only Ameristar property where the dealers keep their own tips. They keep bringing in new games with side bets to discourage tipping. (i.e. they hope players play the side bets rather than use their smaller chips to bet/tip the dealer). Scheduling is ridiculous. Your start times can change daily within 4 hours. So Monday you start at 8, Tuesday you start at 12, then Wednesday at 10. I bid on a shift schedule that I have actually worked twice in the last 4 months. They claim they believe in work/life balance. How do you plan your life around that? They have the worst comp system. Yet they actually encourage people to act like jerks. All you gotta do is yell loud enough and long enough and they will give you a free room. Management and floor decisions are inconsistent but getting better. There are way too many meetings outside of scheduled hours. Now they do not want to pay us for attending mandatory meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't expect employees to practice your core values when management does not. Lead by example!

Nothing special stay away from

Cashier (Former Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I worked at Ameristar Casinos full-time for more than a year

Pros: flexible, average uppermanagement, i would not recommend, other employees are… Cons: management is sub par and everyone likes to think they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Overall I loved working for Ameristar Casino. Only problem was management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Saint Charles, MO

I worked at Ameristar Casinos full-time for more than a year

Pros: They seem to care a lot for the team members. Out of all the other casinos in the area, this one is cleanest… Cons: Upper management was the only problem. They were all stuck up and had their heads up their own a**.… Advice to Senior Management: Don't be so stupid and take responsibility for your own… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ameristar Casinos.

Worked for Ameristar Casinos? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ameristar Casinos reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ameristar Casinos CEO Gordon R. Kanofsky. All reviews posted anonymously by Ameristar Casinos employees.