Ameristar Casinos

www.ameristar.com

Great leadership, benefits and employee morale

Former Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Encino, CA
Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Encino, CA

Pros

I worked as the executive assistant under Ameristar's CEO, Gordon Kanofsky. In my 8+ years at Ameristar, I witnesses a leadership core that valued employee development and longevity. Ameristar presciently scaled down outside development in advance of the recession, and worked to keep as many employees as possible during the cutbacks that ensued. Great benefits and stability that fosters good morale. I was sorry to see the company merge into a competitor this past August.

Cons

My position had no upward career path, but I was given opportunities to advance.

Other reviews for Ameristar Casinos

beverage server

Former Employee - Beverage Server
    Former Employee - Beverage Server

Pros

Fun environment , lots of fun people

Cons

Lots of walking , hard on feet

Great company that really tries to show appreciation of all Team Members.

Former Employee - Casino Services Supervisor  in  Black Hawk, CO
    Former Employee - Casino Services Supervisor in Black Hawk, CO

Pros

Extremely guest service oriented. Generous cash bonuses for Team Member/Leader of the Year, based on performance and guest service. Nurtures positive atmosphere from Team Members. Team Member dining room available daily with payroll deduction; never have to worry about not having a meal for your shift. Great opportunities to move up. They are very open to moving people into different departments.

Cons

I lived in Denver and worked in Black Hawk. The commute was very wearing. Once you get to salary, they ride you like cattle. Expect to work far more hours and make less hourly than your staff.

Pay your middle and upper management their worth.

There are newer employer reviews for Ameristar Casinos.

Worked for Ameristar Casinos? Contribute to the Community!