Ameristar Casinos

www.ameristar.com
  www.ameristar.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ameristar Casinos

Horrible how you are treated as an employee

Former Employee - Players Club Representative in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Players Club Representative in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Ameristar Casinos part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I met some great friends while working there. It was within close proximity to my house. The pay was good for my job.

Cons

I was terminated from Ameristar Casino Kansas City exactly one month after reporting my manager to human resources for him repeatedly making inappropriate comments to me about other employees and customers. He would often make derogatory comments about people's weight, age, bodily features, and personal lives in front of other employees and customers and think it was funny. I told him to stop on more than one occasion and it only got worse. When I reported him to human resources I was told I would remain anonymous which was a big fat lie because the next day he confronted me and told me he knew I was the one who turned him in and he would find a way to fire me. Well one month later he retaliated and I was fired for something very silly that everyone else does but is still working there. All I can say is I've never worked in such an unprofessional environment in my life. I was the only employee brave enough to turn him in which I believed was doing the right thing. None of the other employees would turn him in because they were too scared for their jobs so they had to put up with his harassing and inappropriate comments on a daily basis. Management at Ameristar Kansas City is very retaliatory, vindictive and overall unprofessional. The funny part is when they were firing me they had the nerve to read off their core values. One was "Do the right thing." Since when is harassing employees and making inappropriate comments about people's weight, age, personal lives, and bodily features on a regular basis doing "the right thing"? They claim to have an open door policy but reporting any problems will only get you into trouble even if your manager is harassing you and others. I truly feel sorry for the hourly employees who still work there.

Start respecting your employees. Also you never know when you will be without a job.

80 Other Employee Reviews for Ameristar Casinos (View Most Recent)

Like family

I have been working at Ameristar Casinos full-time

Pros

For the most part everyone is pretty relaxed and easy to work with.

Cons

Work there long enough and politics comes into play. People tend to stay in the best positions for a long time.

Rotational development. You see this a lot in F&B, I think this brings the team closer together and gives employees an opportunity to advance their skill sets and experience.

HORRIBLE JOB

Current Employee - Host/Cashier in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Host/Cashier in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Ameristar Casinos part-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is absolutely no pros at for this job its the worst job to have and management sucks.

Cons

EVERYTHING. Management is the WORST. its nothing but favoritism, and being treated badly. Management doesnt keep their promises or treat you right at all.worst job ive ever had in my life.

There are newer employer reviews for Ameristar Casinos