There are newer employer reviews for Ameristar Casinos

Horrible how you are treated as an employee

Former Employee - Players Club Representative in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Players Club Representative in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Ameristar Casinos part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I met some great friends while working there. It was within close proximity to my house. The pay was good for my job.

Cons

I was terminated from Ameristar Casino Kansas City exactly one month after reporting my manager to human resources for him repeatedly making inappropriate comments to me about other employees and customers. He would often make derogatory comments about people's weight, age, bodily features, and personal lives in front of other employees and customers and think it was funny. I told him to stop on more than one occasion and it only got worse. When I reported him to human resources I was told I would remain anonymous which was a big fat lie because the next day he confronted me and told me he knew I was the one who turned him in and he would find a way to fire me. Well one month later he retaliated and I was fired for something very silly that everyone else does but is still working there. All I can say is I've never worked in such an unprofessional environment in my life. I was the only employee brave enough to turn him in which I believed was doing the right thing. None of the other employees would turn him in because they were too scared for their jobs so they had to put up with his harassing and inappropriate comments on a daily basis. Management at Ameristar Kansas City is very retaliatory, vindictive and overall unprofessional. The funny part is when they were firing me they had the nerve to read off their core values. One was "Do the right thing." Since when is harassing employees and making inappropriate comments about people's weight, age, personal lives, and bodily features on a regular basis doing "the right thing"? They claim to have an open door policy but reporting any problems will only get you into trouble even if your manager is harassing you and others. I truly feel sorry for the hourly employees who still work there.

Start respecting your employees. Also you never know when you will be without a job.

reviews filtered by
  1. A highly rewarding experience with the Planning and Analysis Department at Headquarters

Former Employee - Analyst in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Analyst in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Ameristar Casinos part-time (less than a year)

Pros

-There is a lot of collaboration across departments.
    -Upper management is willing to listen to new ideas from all types of employees.
    -Good work and creativity are valued and rewarded, and there is advancement opportunity.

Cons

-You can get stuck spending many hours behind a computer if you are not at the director level.

Keep doing what you're doing.

2. A great learning experience and a lot of fun!

I have been working at Ameristar Casinos

Pros

Good benefits and diverse workforce

Cons

Be prepared to work every holiday, and the environment can get a little depressing.

There are newer employer reviews for Ameristar Casinos