Ameristar Casinos

A home away from home!!

Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in Vicksburg, MS
Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in Vicksburg, MS

I have been working at Ameristar Casinos

Pros

Ameristar provides an atmosphere in which all would love. Not only are we their employees, but we are a family. The relationships with the guests are excellent. We do sometimes have problems, but we are a team and we work through them. That's what it's all about. That's why I love my job so much, and that's why I look forward to coming to work each day. Ameristar is my home away from home.

Cons

The only downsides that I can see for some about working at Ameristar, is working on Christmas and New Year's. Most people want to spend all day with their families. I look at it as if I have 2 families to spend time with. To some of our guest, we are their families, and they are their no matter what day it is. Personally, I love working on holidays because the atmosphere is just a little bit sweeter.

I think that our leadership team is doing a great job. Although it's hard to please everyone at the same time, they try their hardest to make us all happy. That's what I like about working for Ameristar, to those over us, we are not just their employees. They show care, passion, and concern and will help us in any way that they can, to make sure that our problems are solved and we are smiling!!

77 Other Employee Reviews for Ameristar Casinos (View Most Recent)

Helpful and friendly team, great growth opportunities, and a "never ending fun place" overall.

Current Employee - Banquets Bartender, Server, Set-Up in Council Bluffs, IA
    Current Employee - Banquets Bartender, Server, Set-Up in Council Bluffs, IA

I have been working at Ameristar Casinos

Pros

Fun place to work at
    Understanding senior management, (open door policy)
    Great growth opportunities
    A Variety of modern tools to make your job easier no matter what it might be
    Appreciation and recognition for the achieved tasks
    Exceptionally friendly team
    A great family of different departments working together to achieve a common goal

Cons

Too much great food and beverages in the Team member Cafeteria that sometimes makes you want to stop working and spend there rest of your day there.

keep up a good work
    Communicate with other team members on daily basis to assure that information is delivered to everybody

Ameristar has issues

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Ameristar Casinos

Pros

Used to be a great place to work. Has good benefits and the employee dining area is very nice.

Cons

New management does not care about anything but impressing corporate . You can tell when corporate is coming in, because all the big wigs are out and about. They let go of good people and do not care about what we think. Hopefully all the issues come out on the team member satisfaction, if not I think that there will be a union in there pretty soon.

Get your act together, before it is too late.

There are newer employer reviews for Ameristar Casinos