There are newer employer reviews for Ames True Temper

Good experience but limited promotion opportunities

I have been working at Ames True Temper

Pros

growing company that has high a large line of quality products at different price points attractive to do-it-yourself consumer as well as professional consumer. health care benefits are outstanding.

Cons

promotion opportunities are somewhat limited, largely due to size of company and no opportunities for transfers betwen companies under the Griffon ownership

be fair in all treatment to employees, offer more professional opportunites, make available career opportunities within Griffon family of companies.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Ames True Temper (View Most Recent)

Ideation to Product Launch engineering services. Works with Marketing, purchasing,ID, etc. in multi-functional teams.

Current Employee - Product Development Engineer
    Current Employee - Product Development Engineer

I have been working at Ames True Temper

Pros

Busy place! Runs lean so all team members need to perform. Cross functional teams. 4-9 new product projects per season. Regular, controlled change is commonplace.

Cons

Tendancy to tunnel vision in product management. Difficulty in bridging the gap selling consumer driven designs to retail chain buyers on a consistent basis.

Live the bottom-up culture you preach to unleash the creative potential of your people!!

Not Bad

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Leesport, PA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Leesport, PA

I worked at Ames True Temper full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay. Good people to work with. Plenty of work with opportunity for overtime. Never was forced to work overtime.

Cons

Went out of business. The field for bankruptcy and closed their doors. One day we came to work and had a big meeting to tell us we were all losing out jobs.

Don't go out of business. It's easier to make money when you are in business

There are newer employer reviews for Ames True Temper