There are newer employer reviews for Amey

If you will live and work anywhere you might be ok

I worked at Amey

Pros

If you are single and are looking to experience living around the UK on a variety of projects then you might enjoy it.
They have won some big coontracts recently that shows they are good at bidding for work, but when they lose contracts you are given minimal assistance to seek alternative work.

Cons

They are very head office focussed. If you sit in Oxford you have more chance of getting promoted against others out in the regions who are better suited to the promotion.
They are not very confidential when sacking senior directors, I was told, by a low level employee who worked in head office, about two high profile directors who were getting sacked two weeks before it happened. The reason that none of this comes out is that they offer very nice packages for individuals to leave and sign away any employment rights.

Advice to Management

Look outside of Oxford for your potential leaders and don't sit up on the top floor of the Sherard not listening.

reviews filtered by
  1. The ability to progress is amazing, with opportunities available for anyone with a passion and drive to push themselves.

Current Employee - Commercial Plumber, CIG and Employee Champion in Oldham, England (UK)

I have been working at Amey full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Recognition when you push yourself to the forefront.
    The ability for those on the ground to communicate with their peers all all levels.
    Various things to get involved in that has somebody taking part from every level.
    Career development and progression visible and easy to follow.
    I have been involved in numerous things over the past few years, presenting to directors,group activities up and down the country, conference calls, Filming a recruitment video.
    Also am a Contract Improvement Group Representative and Champion across the business, along with being an Employee Champion, these are groups that look to improve everything we do and spread corporate information.
    I am just a normal person working on the ground daily and have seized the opportunity to be involved, which is a great pleasure.

Cons

To be honest I have not come across any personally in my time so far, if you feel that when you have a concern it is actually listened to and something is done.
    The old saying actions speak louder than words is something that exists here at Amey, things actually get addressed and dealt with.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the Listen and Learn we are currently doing, this involves management spending a full day with an operative on the ground to better understand the needs of the employee, customer and client and business.

2. A great place to work - they encourage development and help you achieve

I have been working at Amey full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you want to develop your career the framework and tools are there to be taken. The leadership is strong and the ambition for growth is tempered with a desire to do the right thing, both from a health and safety and ethical standpoint.

Cons

Like any big company there are silos and differences across divisions, though this challenge is very much on the senior leaders radar.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, focus on the well being and development of your talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Amey