Amey

www.amey.co.uk

If you will live and work anywhere you might be ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you are single and are looking to experience living around the UK on a variety of projects then you might enjoy it.
They have won some big coontracts recently that shows they are good at bidding for work, but when they lose contracts you are given minimal assistance to seek alternative work.

ConsThey are very head office focussed. If you sit in Oxford you have more chance of getting promoted against others out in the regions who are better suited to the promotion.
They are not very confidential when sacking senior directors, I was told, by a low level employee who worked in head office, about two high profile directors who were getting sacked two weeks before it happened. The reason that none of this comes out is that they offer very nice packages for individuals to leave and sign away any employment rights.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook outside of Oxford for your potential leaders and don't sit up on the top floor of the Sherard not listening.

A company going places

I have been working at Amey full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Having worked across the industry Amey are definately one of the best. It is a company that is investing, growing and making sense when a… Cons: You do travel a lot Advice to Senior Management: Teams love it when you spend time out on their… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Unspectacular employer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Birmingham, England (UK)

I worked at Amey full-time for less than a year

Pros: Reasonable job security, reasonable training opportunities Cons: Zero opportunity for career progression, pension matching only to 1%, relatively poor holiday allowance compared to the rest of the industry, penny pinching attitude, maximium… Advice to Senior Management: Pay and benefits package needs to be matched to the rest of the industry below grade 'D' level to retain good people. In order for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Amey.

Worked for Amey? Contribute to the Community!