Amgen

www.amgen.com
  www.amgen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amgen

Everyone is an all star there! I felt like I was playing for the Yankees!

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA
Former Employee - Senior Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Amgen

Pros

The innovative science and the dedication of the whole organization to patients. I really appreciated the high quality of staff. I felt that most people I worked with were highly professional, smart and good natured. I especially appreciated the opportunity to do meaningful work because of the serious diseases that Amgen treats. The future has many exciting prospects for growth. Compensation and benefits are still some of the best in Southern CA.

Cons

The executive leadership was out of touch with staff and manages with an old command and control style. There is still a 'boy's club' atmosphere in the C suite. Also the best leaders (Dennis Fenton and George Morrow) have left the company.

Treat staff with more respect, listen to what they have to say. Promote a few more of the brilliant women you have there.

718 Other Employee Reviews for Amgen (View Most Recent)

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Quality Control Associate in Juncos, PR
    Current Employee - Quality Control Associate in Juncos, PR

I have been working at Amgen

Pros

The management is great in helping balance the work-life situations. Its not really difficult to ask to be able to come in a little earlier so that you can get of and go to medical appointment.

Cons

So far, the interview process takes time and they are very rigorous about the constant training sessions one must complete.

Unfortunate to be part of the decline of a once exciting and important company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Amgen

Pros

Leaders in implementing new technologies and business strategies. Benefits are very good and they offer a lot of employee programs to support health and family. (Unfortunately, everyone is so over worked they can't benefit from these programs, but at least the company is making them available.)

Cons

More time is spent on corporate spin than on actually developing and manufacturing drugs. The politics have overwhelmed the work that is being done. Every bit of data is massaged and presented in presentations and more time is actually spent on colors and charts than on the actual data that went into the reports. So much time is spent "talking" about the data, the message behind the data is actually missing.

It's not ALL about the shareholders. Put more focus on development and manufacturing. Elevate those within the company and be open to contrary opinions. Appreciate that dissonance creates value. Bring back Gordon Binder as a consultant to assist with identifying new opportunities that can grow Amgen beyond financial positioning.

There are newer employer reviews for Amgen