There are newer employer reviews for Amgen

Great company, great benefits!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Amgen

Pros

Amgen has such a strong pipeline and so many quality products. They are always coming up with innovative ways to do things, which means there is always opportunity within the company. With such a large group of employees, it's very easy to network. The benefits we get are also top notch. Amgen was very supportive of me when I was having medical problems, and I really appreciate everything the company and my co-workers did for me while I was ill. I am definitely proud to work at Amgen, and I would reccommend this company to others.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a little longer to get promoted within your department than it should, which can be frustrating, but I definitely can't argue with the benefits. Sure, the salary might be a little higher at another company, but I don't know anyone else who has such a good 401k package.

Advice to Management

Promote people within the company instead of always hiring from outside. In many cases, I have had to train people hired in at a higher level than me even though I had more experience. Recognize the talent you have within, and reward people based on their talent. Yes, sometimes external people bring a new set of experience to the table, but there are already many talented people at the company.
In general, I appreciate Amgen's benefits and the culture here.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Stressfull

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Juncos, PR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Juncos, PR

I have been working at Amgen

Pros

Good benefits, competitive salary, good science

Cons

Management club mentality, hard to promote good people, bullying from managements to meet metrics, low integrity .

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and good managers. Dont promote based on how loud people are, or size of their egos. Fix the performance system- too biased towards what biassed people say, vs agreed results. Be honest and keep integrity when making the risk decisions to meet a metric or market target.

2. Great place

Former Employee - Support Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Support Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amgen

Pros

Loved my team, and the work was fun

Cons

I was a contractor so I ended up leaving.

Advice to Management

Stop buying companies and make good drugs