Amgen

www.amgen.com

Great company, great benefits!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Pros

Amgen has such a strong pipeline and so many quality products. They are always coming up with innovative ways to do things, which means there is always opportunity within the company. With such a large group of employees, it's very easy to network. The benefits we get are also top notch. Amgen was very supportive of me when I was having medical problems, and I really appreciate everything the company and my co-workers did for me while I was ill. I am definitely proud to work at Amgen, and I would reccommend this company to others.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a little longer to get promoted within your department than it should, which can be frustrating, but I definitely can't argue with the benefits. Sure, the salary might be a little higher at another company, but I don't know anyone else who has such a good 401k package.

Promote people within the company instead of always hiring from outside. In many cases, I have had to train people hired in at a higher level than me even though I had more experience. Recognize the talent you have within, and reward people based on their talent. Yes, sometimes external people bring a new set of experience to the table, but there are already many talented people at the company.
In general, I appreciate Amgen's benefits and the culture here.

Other reviews for Amgen

Great place to work ffor

Current Employee - Senior Associate IS Programmer Analyst  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate IS Programmer Analyst in Thousand Oaks, CA

Pros

Good benefits, work life balance

Cons

Slow growth, no focus on career growth

work on motivating staff, their aspirations

Senior Scientist - Medicinal Chemistry at Amgen

Former Employee - Senior Scientist  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Scientist in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

working relationship, flexible hours, excellent benefits, paid week-long summer and winter shutdowns, short commute, many skills training opportunities, good IT support

Cons

human resources support is non-existent, limited opportunities for career advancement, too much politics for a scientific department, stress in overall biotech and pharma industry

nurture employees' career development, open up opportunites in other part of the company

There are newer employer reviews for Amgen.

Worked for Amgen? Contribute to the Community!