A great place to Work - although there was a lack of a career path

Former Employee - IT Project Manager  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company, friendly peers and solid processes. The company treated its employees well and pay was inline with other biotechs. Awesome global HQ in Thousand Oaks.

Cons

Career progression was challenging in IT, especially when the company decided to outsource to IBM. The transition to IBM was a disaster and the CIO had to resign - hopefully things will turn around now.

Other Reviews for Amgen

Innovative Science Based Great Campus High Quality Employees

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Thousand Oaks campus is beautiful. First class gym, beautiful landscaping and outdoor seating areas. On-site dry cleaning and child care.

Cons

It is very hard to promote at Amgen. Some of the departments are very silohed.

Great Interning experience

Current Employee - Summer Intern  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Summer Intern in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Amgen as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The summer internship program was great, they really put a lot of resources and efforts to make sure all the interns have tons of opportunities to network and relax during the summer. They also organized speaker series to let us understand more about the company itself.

Cons

After working in Genentech for half a year, I could see how Genentech really emphasize on the patients (you could see from the campus giant poster of patients) while I didn't feel the same in Amgen. But it's possible that it was too short for me to look into it (3 months internship)

There are newer employer reviews for Amgen.

Worked for Amgen? Contribute to the Community!