There are newer employer reviews for Amgen

Good place to work if you can manage the politics

I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A chance to make real impact on the lives of grievously ill people. Very good benefits, including company shut down the first week of July and the last week of December.

Cons

The company is overloaded at the levels of director and above with too many people who spend time meeting, talking, lunching, dining, and interfering with real work. (There are a few notable exceptions.) Most people below these levels are very dedicated professionals.

Be vigilant and skeptical with senior people describing themselves and their work with profuse superlatives.

654 Other Employee Reviews for Amgen (View Most Recent)

Better than some places

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Amgen full-time

Pros

Benefits are good; very good 401k matching; relatively smart people to work with; variety of possible career paths

Cons

This place is a bit dysfunctional at the moment following recent re-org; Fairly noticeable shift in culture as old Sr. Mgmt flushed out and replaced with new ones. They struggle to make any decision...lots of swirl before a strategy is finally selected.

I was only with them for a couple of months after they acquired our company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at Amgen full-time for less than a year

Pros

Did not experience any pros during my brief experience).

Cons

The acquisition was painful and they missed out on some good opportunities to make it better. I was utterly unimpressed with their HR team.

There are newer employer reviews for Amgen

Worked for Amgen? Contribute to the Community!