Amgen

www.amgen.com

Not what it used to be

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Thousand Oaks, CA

ProsNumerous benefits and perks for permanent employees. Coworkers are amicable and intelligent. Laid-back workday with many challenges and opportunities to learn.

ConsPervasive and growing use of contingent staff for core company functions. These "disposable workers" perform the same functions as permanent employees, yet have zero job security and lack even the most basic benefits such as sick pay and health insurance.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about the long-term effects of substituting permatemps for real employees. What do you suppose this does for morale and company loyalty?

The fall of a once-great company

IT Technician (Current Employee) Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Decent compensation - Mostly casual culture - Great cafeteria Cons: - Slowly killed all of the fringe benefits such as break room items, employee events etc. - They outsource like crazy, even things that shouldn't be… Advice to Senior Management: Take two seconds and talk to your employees before making… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It has been very interesting

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The company has great pay and benefits. Cons: The management team don't operate ethically. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the people in the field. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Amgen.

Worked for Amgen? Contribute to the Community!