bioanalytical work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good work life balance
great benefits

Cons

hard to move around within the company

Other Reviews for Amgen

Information Systems Intern

Former Employee - Information Systems Business Analyst  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Information Systems Business Analyst in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Amgen as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed working at Amgen. It has a great corporate culture, and everyone is committed to serving their patients. They are constantly looking for new ways to treat grievous illnesses and have developed some great solutions to many diseases and cancers. Everyone in the company is really supportive, and everyone is willing to help each other out, even if you are an intern. Lastly, their headquarters have first class amenities.

Cons

As an intern, I did not have much work to do in my time there. This was a common notion that most interns had to deal with. This is not always a bad thing; however, eight hour days are long when you are only searching the web from your cubicle. Also, Thousand Oaks is not an ideal place for a person in their 20's to live. This is a great area to raise a family; however, as a young person, it is a little too quiet, especially on the weekends.

With regards to their intern program, I would recommend downsizing it in order to allow each intern to have enough work to last him or her the entire summer. This is a difficult task to accomplish, however, due to the fact that most interns can only accomplish small scale jobs in a twelve week span.

Great experience

I have been working at Amgen as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great resources for all employees

Cons

None Nada None nothing none

There are newer employer reviews for Amgen.

Worked for Amgen? Contribute to the Community!