There are newer employer reviews for Amgen

Excellent Company to work for!

I worked at Amgen full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employer took care of their employees. A lot of training classes offered. Opportunity for growth. Pay wage and benefits were great. Management was always open for process improvement ideas.

Cons

There is nothing negative to add.

Advice to Management

Have group meetings if conflicts arise and address the issues head on.

Other Employee Reviews for Amgen

1. Truly enriching, friendly and high class professionals to work with/for.

I have been working at Amgen full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work ethics & culture, top-notch research, salary & benefits, and Work-Life balance

Cons

Due to company's size, getting to be more bureaucratic, less flexible and delayed decision making

Advice to Management

NEED TO FOCUS ON STAYING AGILE and DRIVE DOWN THE DECISION MAKING PROCESS

2. Information Systems Intern

Former Intern - Information Systems Business Analyst in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Intern - Information Systems Business Analyst in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Amgen as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working at Amgen. It has a great corporate culture, and everyone is committed to serving their patients. They are constantly looking for new ways to treat grievous illnesses and have developed some great solutions to many diseases and cancers. Everyone in the company is really supportive, and everyone is willing to help each other out, even if you are an intern. Lastly, their headquarters have first class amenities.

Cons

As an intern, I did not have much work to do in my time there. This was a common notion that most interns had to deal with. This is not always a bad thing; however, eight hour days are long when you are only searching the web from your cubicle. Also, Thousand Oaks is not an ideal place for a person in their 20's to live. This is a great area to raise a family; however, as a young person, it is a little too quiet, especially on the weekends.

Advice to Management

With regards to their intern program, I would recommend downsizing it in order to allow each intern to have enough work to last him or her the entire summer. This is a difficult task to accomplish, however, due to the fact that most interns can only accomplish small scale jobs in a twelve week span.